ABOUT RAISE IT
As an initiative to give back to the society, this year we are hosting a mega fund-raising event called “RAISE IT”. RAISE IT is a 5 km marathon in the roads of Besant nagar, for the kindest of hearts to participate in and raise funds to aid in the construction of the Hostel in Chetpet which is under administration of Harijan Sevak Sangh. The prestigious Harijan Sevak Sangh was founded by Mahatma Gandhi in the year 1932. This noble hostel provides free and safe accommodation and better living environment for girls hailing from poor and various difficult family backgrounds as a measure to encourage girls with proper education, help them excel in the field of their choice, shine brighter in life and provide them a better future. The Government has been continuously fostering such hostels under schemes such as Beti Bachao Beti Padhao.
RUN with us and RAISE funds for the betterment of many girl children and BUILD accommodation to foster girls . Join hands with us to make the lives of numerous girls happy.
HARIJAN SEVAK SANGH
EXISTENCE - Immediately after Mahatma Gandhi’s epic fast in the Yerwada Prision, in sept, 1932. The fast aroused the conscience of the Indian people, especially the caste-Hindus, against the evils of untouchability. It was a result of this awakening that the Sangh was born, taking a leading part in the crusade against untouchability.
Spread over 27 acres of land in the historic Kingsway Camp area in north Delhi, the ashram of HSS has a towering "Dharma Stambh" and a beautiful but faded "Sarwa Dharma Sambhav Temple", both of which were constructed under the supervision of Gandhi ji.
Headquartered at Kingsway Camp in Delhi as mentioned above, with branches in 26 states across India.
Prof. Sankar Kumar Sanyal is its current president from April 2013 onward.
OBJECTIVES - To eradicate untouchability, improve the standards of life of brothers and sisters of the community through education and vocational training.
- Education for boys, girls and adults,
- Vocational training
- Welfare work
- Motivating municipalities and local bodies to provide for Harijan- cheap houses or quarters in clean localities
- Creating wells, taps and other water resources, for Harijan.
- Temple entry
HARIJAN SEVAK SANGH -TAMIL NADU, STATE BRANCH.
- Sangh is functioning in 9 Districts
- (1)Chennai (2) Tiruppur (3) Erode (4) Dindugal (5) Madurai (6) Theni (7) Tiruchirapalli (8) Sivagangai and (9)Villupuram
- With the help of Adi-Dravidar welfare, Backward Classes and Most Backward Classes we are running- 11 Hostels for boys and Girls.
- Two Residential Schools are run with the help of the Central Government.
- Two Middle schools are being run with the aid of the State Government..
- Three Residential Primary and Middle schools are also run by us .
- A Community Hall at Palani.
- Vocational Training Institute at Pollachi.
SRS SARVODAYA GIRLS HOSTEL
The SRS Sarvodaya girls hostel is one of the wings of the srs sarvodaya institute, functioning under tamil nadu harijan sevak sangh at chennai.
Objective :- To serve girls of downtrodden, especially the adi-dravidar community.
History :- The hostel was started as a balwadi in the year 1951 and
- It was converted as a madras city girls hostel in the year 1953,
- For a long time, the hostel was taken care by a well known sarvodaya leader sri.S.R.Subramaniam.
- After his demise, it was named after him, who was affectionately known as srs. Now, this hostel is known as srs sarvodaya girls hostel.
SRS SARVODAYA GIRLS Hostel -Members
SRS STUDENTS HIGHLIGHTS
Our students are taking part in the International Students Youth Festival at Chandigarh.
They have not only won the appreciation of one and all but could inspire National and international students to join the cultural event, presented by them.
Our students have visited right from Kanyakumari to Kulu and Manali, all historically important places in the country.
Our students have never hesitated to take part in the Nation Building activities, whenever it is organized i.e night or day, sunny Day or Rainy day.
Our students conduct prayers and pray to lord Almighty, whenever there is a disturbance, manmade or natural.
We are non-religious, non-parochial and dedicate ourselves for studies, peace and happiness of all.
We observe Navarathri, Christmas and interested students observe one day fasting during Ramzan.
Current situation of the Hostel
The present hostel building is in a highly dilapidated condition with cracks running throughout the building and even with modest rainfall; there is heavy stagnation of water compelling us to shift the students. Recent floods added to our misery.
Status of the Building during rains:
NEED FOR "NIRMALA DESHPANDE NILAYAM"
APPEAL FROM HARIJAN SEVAK SANGH
-TAMIL NADU BRANCH
To complete the project from the present status, we need 32,000 persons to contribute each Rs.2377/- as per the estimate.
COMPANIES: To Contribute for the project under CSR Activities( Specially under Girl Child Education).
ASSOCIATION: To help us by publishing about the project in your house journals (if any) like Indian Officers Association journal.
GENERAL: To spread a word about the project and encourage your friends and associates to contribute to the noble cause.
*Please do refer Corporate houses, Trust, Associations,.... etc which helps Girl Child education, to contribute by sponsoring block/dormitory/ Bed/facilities- Donors Contribution will be duly recognized by displaying their names.
Contact : Shri P Maruthi- 9176624283.
ROTARACT CLUB OF MSSW
Rotaract Club of Madras School of Social Work aims:
- To develop professional and leadership skills;
- To emphasize respect for the rights of others, and to promote ethical standards and the dignity of all useful occupations;
- To provide opportunities for young people to address the needs and concerns of the community and our world;
- To provide opportunities for working in cooperation with sponsoring Rotary clubs;
- To motivate young people for eventual membership in Rotary.
MEET OUR TEAM
Sponsors Required If intrested please contact - Vaishnavi P - (+91-9176163009)